David K. BlattnerPartner
David Blattner has over twenty-five years of experience in complex real estate transactions with a focus on acquisitions and the financing and development of major shopping centers, office buildings and executive parks, marinas, warehouse facilities, flex projects, hotels, single-family and multi-family residential developments and condominiums.
David represents a broad range of clients throughout the State of Florida, the United States, Canada, South America and Asia. His clients include: developers, multi-national corporations, domestic corporations, banks and other financial institutions, condominium and homeowner's associations, property management companies, and landlords and tenants.
A large number of David’s clients have been with him his entire career: “I have been fortunate to enjoy close and long lasting relationships with my clients. Perhaps this is because I like to take a holistic approach in my work for them. I don’t just focus on the narrow legal issues but look at the broader context of the business and what is going to help make it successful. This is an approach which I think makes for better deals but more importantly I get my greatest satisfaction from contributing to my clients’ success.”
J.D. with distinction, John Marshall Law School, Chicago, 1988
B.A., George Washington University, Washington, D.C, 1985
- As lender's counsel David assists with the negotiation and closing of significant credit facilities for the acquisition and construction of all types of real estate projects including revolving and term loans, working capital lines of credit, and other real estate and asset based loans. He also handles work outs and loan modifications for both lenders and borrowers and has been involved in asset management and REO with multiple lending institutions and on behalf of owners and developers.
- As developer's counsel, David works with his clients to obtain debt and equity financing, including syndication of properties, 1031 exchanges and tax exempt financing.
- As a niche area, David has also represented funeral homes and cemeteries assisting them in the acquisition and disposition of properties as well as the licensing of funeral homes and cemeteries with the Florida Board of Funeral and Cemetery Services. He has represented licensees in disciplinary matters before the state agencies.
- David K. Blattner is a Martindale Hubbell A.V. rated real estate, banking and business attorney licensed in the State of Florida.
- Beth Ahm Israel Synagogue, President (2007-2008)
- United Way of Broward County, Board of Directors (1996-2004), Board Chair (2002), Campaign Chair (2000), Allocations Chair (1996-2000)
- Winterfest Boat Parade, Board of Directors (1993-1998), President/Chair (1995-1996), General Counsel (1993-1994)
- Graduate of Leadership Ft. Lauderdale and Leadership Broward.