Assouline & Berlowe handles both the registration of patents, trademarks, and copyrights, as well as litigation of Intellectual Property rights. In fact, the Firm's partners have been involved in nearly all aspects of domestic and international intellectual property consultation and transactions; prosecution; and litigation. Based on the breadth of our practice, we regularly receive referrals from other law firms that do not specialize their practice in the area of Intellectual Property law.
- files and prosecutes non-provisional utility patents and design patents
- files provisional patent applications
- evaluates new technologies for patentability
- formulates and conducts “Right-to-Use” or “Freedom-to-Operate Searches”
- provides in-bound and out-bound intellectual property rights protection
- identifies, registers, and police our client’s intellectual property rights
- regularly submits U.S. Patent, Trademark, and Copyright Office filings
- provides portfolio counseling, prosecution strategies and intellectual property and infringement opinions
- represents clients at Markman hearings and Trademark Trial and Appeal Board inter-partes disputes (including cancellation, concurrent-use, interference, and opposition proceedings)
- represents clients at trials and appeals
- structures and negotiates Intellectual Property business transactions, including licensing agreements
- forecloses on secured patent and other intellectual property rights
Our Intellectual Property litigators handle cases from initial consultation through final judgment and appeal. If required, they can draw additional trial or arbitration expertise from our Corporate and Finance Practice, Business Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice and our International Law and Arbitration Practice.
Peter A. Koziol is a Registered Patent Attorney, and a partner in the Boca Raton Office. He co-heads the Intellectual Property practice on the litigation side. He also is a member of our International Law and Arbitration Practice, and of our Business Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice. Practice members also include:
Greg M. Popowitz is a Registered Patent Attorney, and a partner in the Fort Lauderdale office. He also is a member of the Business Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice and Creditors Rights & Bankruptcy Practice.
Peter E. Berlowe is an engineer and co-founder of the firm in the Miami office. He also is a member of our Corporate and Finance Practice and our Business Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice.
Eric N. Assouline is a co-founder of the firm and partner in the Fort Lauderdale and Miami offices. He is heads the Business Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice and the Creditors Rights & Bankruptcy Practice.