Loren Donald PearsonPartner
Loren Donald Pearson is a partner in the Miami office, and he leads our Intellectual Property Practice. Mr. Pearson is a Registered Patent Attorney and a Florida Bar, Board Certified Intellectual Property Attorney. His practice focuses on all aspects of domestic and international patent, trademark, and copyright law; including, evaluating new technologies for patentability, portfolio counseling, and intellectual property registration, prosecution, and litigation.
Mr. Pearson is particularly experienced in dealing with inventions involving chemicals and materials, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, business methods, and semiconductors. He also has significant experience with mechanical and electrical inventions and other arts. He has represented clients throughout the world. These have included individuals, small businesses, private and public companies, and Fortune-100 corporations.
Significantly, Mr. Pearson represents foreign law firms desiring to file foreign applications in the United States. He has filed over 100 US patents. And, he is experienced in utilizing the Paris Convention, the PCT National Phase, and PCT Bypass as means of claiming foreign priority. He also has a thorough understanding of the mechanics of Patent Cooperation Treaty and Madrid Protocol. He encourages foreign I.P. attorneys who are visiting Miami, or who want to represent his clients in foreign countries, to contact him.
Among other matters, Mr. Pearson’s practice includes:
- identifying, registering, and policing client’s intellectual property rights
- in-bound and out-bound protection of intellectual property rights
- infringement opinions
- patent trademark, and copyright filings in the U.S. Patent, Trademark, and Copyright Offices
- technology licensing and other agreements
- Trademark Trial and Appeal Board inter-partes disputes; e.g., Oppositions, Cancellations, Interferences, and Concurrent-Use Proceedings
J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1996
B.A., University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 1992
Chemistry and Economics
U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, Registered Patent Attorney
U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
University of Miami
Yearbook of International Law
Intellectual Property Law Association of Florida
Dade County Bar Association
Miami Beach Bar Association
BNI Miami Beach
Fleit, Gibbons, Gutman, Bongini & Bianco, P.L.
Lerner & Greenberg, P.A.
Rohm & Haas Co.
Scientist. Polymer chemistry: ion-exchange resin synthesis; using suspension polymerizations
- U.S. Pat. No. 7,452,069. “Eye frame with interchangeable lenspieces held by magnetic closure and interchangeable lens system”
- U.S. Pat. No. 7,288,062. “Apparatus for creating therapeutic charge transfer in tissue”
- U.S. Pat. Pub. 2008/0171990 “Multimodal Catheter for Focal Brain Monitoring and Ventriculostomy”
- U.S. Pat. Pub. 2009/0131546 “Rigid, Closed-cell, Graft-polymer Foam; Rigid Flexible Cellular Foam; Rigid Flexible Cellular Foam Mixture; Rigid Flexible Cellular Foam Mixture; and Method for Manufacturing a Rigid, Closed-Cell, Graft-Polymer Foam”
- Florida Bar, Board Certified Intellectual Property Attorney
- Registered Patent Attorney