Greg M. PopowitzPartner
Make Your IP Pop ®
Greg Popowitz is a partner in our Fort Lauderdale office. He is a Registered Patent Attorney with the United States Patent & Trademark Office and focuses his practice on Intellectual Property. Mr. Popowitz helps clients protect their inventions, brands, and other creations using patent, trademark, and copyright rights. This includes the prosecution of patents and trademarks, licensing, co-existence agreements, evaluating new inventions, brands, and technology, clearance searches, and litigation. Mr. Popowitz enjoys counseling clients on the various mechanisms available to protect their Intellectual Property, which ultimately adds value to their business.
Mr. Popowitz's practice also includes Business Litigation & Dispute Resolution and Creditors Rights and Bankruptcy. His experience includes creditor rights litigation, garnishment, commercial litigation, appeals, and securitizations.
Prior to his legal career, Mr. Popowitz worked as a product engineer for Visteon Corporation, a former subsidiary of Ford Motor Company. He focused on the design and manufacturing of chassis driveline components. Specifically, he worked on current and forward model driveshaft design, durability and prototype testing, and traveled to assembly plants where he consulted with operating managers regarding ongoing improvement actions. During his time with Visteon Corp., Mr. Popowitz learned valuable Six Sigma techniques to design, measure, analyze, improve, and control (DMAIC) quality issues.
Outside the office, Mr. Popowitz is actively involved with the Georgia Tech Fort Lauderdale Alumni Network and Florida Anti-Defamation League (ADL). He organizes events for student meet & greets, athletic game watches, volunteer activities, and other meetings to bring local Georgia Tech Alumni together to support the community. Mr. Popowitz also enjoys woodworking, home improvement projects, and golf. Born in Miami, Mr. Popowitz now lives in Cooper City, FL.
Contact Mr. Popowitz to discuss your Intellectual Property and Business Litigation needs.
J.D., Nova Southeastern University Law School, 2009
B.S., The Georgia Institute of Technology, 2002
U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, Registered Patent Attorney
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
Broward County Bar Association
Georgia Tech Fort Lauderdale Alumni Network
Member (Past President)
Anti-Defamation League (ADL)
Florida Regional Board (2021-present)
Co-Chair: Miami Civil Rights and Advocacy Committee (2019-present)
Host Committee: In Concert Against Hate, in conjunction with the South Florida Symphony and Temple Israel of Greater Miami (2019)
Co-Chair: Glass Leadership Institute (GLI) Miami (2019-2020)
Co-Chair: Glass Leadership Institute, Boca Raton (2018-2019)
Glass Leadership Institute (class of 2018)
NSU Law: Florida Bar Auxiliary Program
Cooper City Optimist
Baseball Board Member
- South Florida Top Rated Lawyer
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- ILSA Journal of International & Comparative Law (Managing Editor, 2008-2009)
- Turning the Inside Out: A Conversation with George McGovern and John B. Anderson - How Lincoln Influenced Society, A Lincoln Bicentennial Event (Organizing Committee)
- Branding and Business, with a Primer on Non-Use Due to Covid-19, National Academy of Continuing Legal Education (NACLE 2020)
- Intellectual Property Case Law Update and General IP Overview, National Academy of Continuing Legal Education (NACLE 2019)
- Understanding IP and Attorneys’ Use of Technology, National Academy of Continuing Legal Education (NACLE 2016)
- Intellectual Property Law: How to Protect Technology, Basic Technology Law, The Florida Bar YLD (2016)
- Staying Up to Date with Legal Decisions & Trends Pays Dividends, Young Lawyers Division (YLD), The Florida Bar (2016)
- Strategic Considerations for the Bankruptcy Practitioner When Intellectual Property Is Involved, Broward County Bar Association (2016)
- Intellectual Property for the Non-IP Attorney, Pincus Professional Education Webinar (2015)
- Nova Southeastern University - Shepard Broad Law Center Professionalism Day Event, panelist (2014)
- blogtalkradio - "Finding Your Hidden Treasure", guest speaker (2014)